Saturday 9 October 2010

Norfolk: Titchwell Marsh

Wednesday 29th Sept:

The rain, accidents and roadworks meant that I arrived at Wells-Next-The-Sea a little later than planned, but checked into the B&B for the stay, dropped off my bags and headed out immmediately. Rather than aiming for Cley, I opted for the free option of Titchwell (being an RSPB Member) and made my way to the hides by the lake. The diggers etc were still working away on the new bank, but the reserve is now open again and had the weather been less unpleasant, I might have headed to the beach.


From the hide I could see a large flock of golden plovers, a few pintails, avocets and ruff in the distance, and closer up, loads of lapwings and various ducks. Of interest for photography though, were a couple of little stints which were pottering around with a few more dunlins. While the light was woeful, they actually came so close to the hide, I couldn't focus on them.


After Titchwell, I met up with Steve Seal and his partner, Ann, down at Brancaster Harbour, and planned what we might get up to over the coming days. With the weather closing in, I retired to the Globe Inn for the evening, for a very nice steak meal and a couple of jars of Adnams.

No comments: