Thursday 15 January 2009

Spellbound

The "Walkden" name spelling curse strikes again. I have no idea why folks find it so tricky to spell, but the number of times I've been called "Walker", "Walken", "Walden" and even "Wogdon" is somewhat unbelievable. Well this time I have a new one to add to the list.

I am now called "Walkenden", according to Worcestershire Wildlife Trust. My grin of joy upon seeing one of my bittern photos published in their Wildlife News magazine soon turned into a look of mild annoyance as I see the name "Peter Walkenden" next to it. Typical.

Don't get me wrong - I'm chuffed as a train to have a picture in the magazine, and it follows on from a photo (of a reed warbler) that featured as April in the 2008 WWT Calendar. I just wish I didn't have such a complicated name to spell...

Here's the pic for anyone that didn't see it, from a fantastic few minutes in the West Hide at Upton Warren.


Cheers,

Pete Walkenden.

4 comments:

Reg Telescope said...

Nice one, Paul.

Pete Walkden said...

Cheers Rog ;-)

Unknown said...

Walkenden is the original spelling of the name it dates back to the 12th and 13th century England

Unknown said...

Walkenden is the original spelling of the name it dates back to the 12th and 13th century England